Friday 19 April 2013

It has been a long time

He's it has been a while.
A lot has happened and I've spent a lot of time trying to sort everything out as there have been some major developments....

**26th February 2013

*Morning-
I went to the doctors for dinky like I said I was going to and went through a long list of her issues that cause concern and took the deputies referral which had 75% of the criteria of PDA on.
He mentioned PDA but being a GP registrar had to ask his superior where he should refer to. The superior happened to be the doctor who did an extensive appointment in which she referred dinky to CAMHS after the shambles we had previously and that stupid doc who didn't listen to a word I said.
So he referred to the child development centre to the autism spectrum disorder clinic for assessment.

*Afternoon

The school went from being ok to being useless and the head teacher was quite offensive!
I was pretty much cornered by the head and Dinky's play therapist. They were saying that staying in the hostel holding out for a place nearer the school was not in Dinky's best interests and that she was unsettled. That she would be fine moving to a new school and it was me who didn't like change.
They said that two other schools (the only ones with spaces and in areas with awful reputations), would be "used to dealing with families like yours." I'm still in the dark as to what the head teacher meant by this statement. She also said that once dinky feels settled she will be fine and in the next breath said that both schools have dedicated sencos and nurture groups which would be better for dinky.
Anyway, a lot was said I left feeling like they didn't want her there and were using my willingness to do anything for dinky no matter what the cost to myself to get her out. So I had pretty much decided to move her out on this convo as I had seen a lovely place on the day before in a better part of the undesirable area.
To be fair on reflection I can sort of understand it. Dinky is not the easiest of children and if she does have PDA then it isn't going to get any easier!
But everytime the class teacher had the slightest inkling of a problem she ran to deputy. Deputy had to come sort dinky out so was pulled away from deputy/senco duty. Head teacher wanted her deputy back and play therapist well, I don't know. She asked to keep in contact with me regarding dinky. I said yes purely because I wanted to be childish and prove my point when dinky doesn't actually improve.

So when I got home I bid for it

**1st March 2013

WE GET THE HOUSE!!!

Well, I got a phone call to say we were going to be offered it.

**4th March 2013

Went to look at school down the road from possible new place. It seemed like it would suit dinky. It had a big open room with separate areas as classrooms, most of it was play based learning and therefore not too demanding, and seemed nice enough.

**5th March

I went to look at the house, it was massive! Both bedrooms double rooms, lovely big storage cupboard/play place off the living room. It was perfect. 10 mins walk from the school I looked at the day before. So I took it.

** 8th march 2013

WE MOVED IN!!!

Honestly it was the best feeling. Despite having to throw a couple of boxes of my stuff away due to mice in the garage where most of my personal possessions were, I got some things squared away pretty quickly.

The end of march

Dinky finished at her school. It was a shabby farewell and to be honest I am pretty disappointed. The class teacher promised dinky a special book, it was basically thrown together last minute and was shit. The senco came out to say goodbye and all three TAs came to say goodbye. The head teacher went into Dinky's class but I would have bitten her head off had she come out so I have her a warning glance and she walked back out.

ALSO

Dinky was accepted for a special needs group and went in two trips during the Easter holidays and I am waiting to hear about the Saturday group activities!

I will write more from April tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment