Tuesday 1 January 2013

It's officially 2013!

Well, 2012 saw the Olympics come to London, the queen celebrate her jubilee and Nick Clegg apologise.
Wonders will never cease!

It also was the year I ended up with nothing. Again.

So what does 2013 have in store?

Well, it should see dinky and I get housed which will be a big difference in our lives at present. It will see me hopefully find out what is actually wrong in this messed up head of mine. I intend on giving up smoking in the next week (probably not the best time but I just can't afford it anymore!). Dinky should get the support she needs. Next month I have to find a job.

I find it quite funny that the government are forcing more people to look for jobs that don't exist. The funniest part is that because of the amount of people looking for work they have created a part time job market which doesn't benefit them in any other way than boast employment figures even though those in part time work are unlikely to be paying tax.
Take me for example. (all figures are rounded to the nearest £1)
I'm on income support which is £70 per week
child tax credits £60 per week
child benefit which is £20 per week
And housing benefit of £175 per week

Total government money- £325 per week

If I were to get a job next week earning £100 per week which is just over minimum wage at £6.25ph I would get
Child tax credits £60per week
Child benefit £20 per week
Back to work bonus £40 per week for 1 year
Working tax credit £ 109 per week
Housing benefit £165 per week

Total government money £394 per week

Which is a difference of £69 per week extra the government would be paying me. Which is ridiculous seeing as I'd pay no tax for them to recoup their extra expenditure. Granted this goes down to £29 per week after the first year, but it is still baffling!

Sure I'd make an extra £169 a week which would be very handy, but the jobs just are not there! Plus there would be more expenditure in form of after school childcare and holiday childcare to pay for and I would have to pay the service charge. Which means the actual better off would have to incorporate this change in expenditure which means during the holidays I would be making £51 and term time £118. It is undeniable that I'd be better off if I could just find a part time job. Then there is the matter of keeping the job.


I forgot what else I was going to write... So I'll leave it there


No comments:

Post a Comment