Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday... This week has gone fast!

This week has been full of developments. As one thing clears up and disappears... Another becomes more apparent.
So it was just a cyst. All good.
Dinky has issues, I already knew that. However I didn't know all of it. How come I didn't know all of it? Why didn't I know she was behind in her reading? Why didn't I know she was behind in PSE? Why was I the last to know she was going on the SEN register on school action plus?
I swing between being grateful for the quick interventions from the deputy head, and complete frustration at dinky's teacher.
During the CAF they said 'on her terms' a lot when it comes to dinky. However I can't help thinking a lot of the teachers attitude and interaction with me is on her terms!
Oh she will do the contact book.. On her own terms. I have to make sure the book is on her chair, it has to be manageable and she has little responsibility for ensuring it is completed.
Oh she thinks the chew necklace is a good idea... However she won't take responsibility for what children bring into her class, she will have to ask the deputy head and as long another children don't think they can wear necklaces.
Oh dinky can do phonics in the library, but only of there is someone on hand to get dinky into the classroom, not including herself. Again zero responsibility. Zero accountability. Dinky is just a name in her 29. Obviously not one of her favourite children. But then she sees dinky as difficult. Like it is down to me and my parenting. I've gone down that route. I blamed myself. I keep getting told it is not my fault. I keep getting told I am doing everything right. So why does this teacher make me feel I'm doing it all wrong? Why do I take notice of the one negative and ignore the four who exonerated me?
I have missed things that people keep picking up... How did I miss it?
Am I do wrapped up in the stress of everything that I have become blind to what it is that could be going on with my daughter?
It is so easy to blame everything on the situation. The hardest thing is admitting that the situation has probably just exasperated problems that already existed. As a mother, I feel bad but, we are getting there. Dinky is now going to see the right people.

So what is going on next week...

Well Monday it's phonics and bidding day
Tuesday dinky has play therapy and I am going to do more visual timetables for home
Wednesday, I'm going to chase up CMHT
Thursday, there is a housing meeting at the local theatre to discuss the issues we face
Friday, I have to make a claim for job seekers
Saturday, spend quality time with dinky
Sunday.. My dad is coming up



No comments:

Post a Comment